My priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening my business I have implemented several changes which I would like to make you aware of to give you confidence in my hygiene and health and safety protocols.
During the time my business has been closed, I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd and Covid-19 Certification, (Massage and Holistic Professionals) accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists.
This has enabled me to understand the following:
- how COVID-19 spreads, so that I can minimise the risk of becoming infected or spreading the virus.
- which individuals are considered vulnerable or at high risk if they are exposed to COVID-19.
- the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, so that I can identify if myself or a client may have the virus.
- how long people affected by COVID-19 should self-isolate and what is meant by self-isolation.
- how long COVID-19 survives on different surfaces; and
- how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including cleaning and disinfecting potentially affected surfaces.
I have also made a few changes in the way that I operate and treatments I can offer.
FHT members already adhere to high standards of hygienic practice, as outlined in the FHT Code of Conduct and Professional Practice, which includes appropriately cleaning the hands and treatment area between clients. However, in light of COVID-19, hygiene measures have been reviewed and enhanced to include:
- I have increased the frequency of cleaning in my therapy room, including making sure that common surfaces, equipment, toilets, door handles, banisters etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products in between each client to protect from cross infection.
- I will have hand sanitiser available for you to use when you enter my premises and you will have access to soap and hot water to wash your hands.
- It will be necessary for you to wear a face mask upon entering the premises as per government guidance.
- I will also use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This will include wearing a face visor and mask.
- I can confirm that the laundering of towels/bedding and uniforms is a priority and that all laundry is changed in between clients and is washed at 60 degrees C.
- All waste items are placed in a pedal bin with lid, bagged and safely removed from the treatment area between each client.
- The room is always kept well ventilated by two large sky light windows which open fully and easily both during and in between treatments.
I will contact you 24 hours before your appointment to ask If you, or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 or have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms. If so, then please DO NOT COME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. You will not be charged for any appointments which you miss due to illness.
As an extra precaution, I will take my own temperature at the beginning of each working day and If I feel ill or have symptoms of C0VlD-19, I will self-isolate immediately and not be available for treatments. This may mean that I must cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled, you will be able to re-book again or have a full refund or voucher.
For your safety and to maintain social distancing, appointments will be scheduled to ensure that your path does not cross with another client leaving and also that time is allowed for cleaning. All I ask is that you attend punctually for your appointment. Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
I have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments and I am confident that I can continue to provide these safely whilst adhering to government guidelines:
- Reflexology/Foot Massage
- Swedish Body Massage
- Guided meditation/breathing and relaxation techniques
- Indian Head massage
- Facial Massage
During your treatment
I understand the importance of hand hygiene and I will ensure that I wash my hands in accordance with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment and again at the end. If you are not comfortable at any point during your visit, please let me know so that I can reassure you.
After your treatment
To avoid the handling of cash, I would prefer if you could pay for your treatment via contactless (credit/debit card) or have the correct money available.
It is always recommended to drink plenty of water following a treatment but as food and drink is not allowed in the room at present it is recommended that you have your own bottle available for afterwards.
Please note that your contact details may need to be provided within 21 days of appointment for government Test and Trace purposes. An official NHS Test and Trace QR code is available for use with your smartphone.
All these procedures have been implemented for your safety as well as mine. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend these details, as necessary.
I aim to make your treatment as safe, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatment, please let me know and I will do what I can to satisfy you.
Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to welcoming you for a relaxing treatment soon.
Angela Macaulay Therapies
1 October 2020